What happened to freedom of speech?
I ATTENDED a busy meeting at Holy Trinity Church on May 11 at which MP Stephen Lloyd answered questions about the proposed change in the law to allow same sex marriage which he is very much in favour of. I write as a retired teacher whose subjects were history and religious education.
In the case of the law changing, I asked him if a school teacher who taught that traditional marriage is morally right and same sex marriage is wrong should they be subject to being disciplined.
He said he thought they should be. He claimed that it would be against the law to speak in favour of traditional marriage.
This is very worrying. Where is freedom of speech? Where is religious freedom? Where will it stop? I thought Liberals defended freedom of speech.
JOHN de WAAL
- Top doctors at DGH claim paediatric service is unsafe
- Workers trapped after wall collapses in Eastbourne
- Fire crews in exercise at Langney Shopping Centre
- BREAKING NEWS: Former vicar Rideout found guilty of child sex abuse
- BREAKING NEWS: Rideout sentenced to 10 years in jail for ‘systematic’ child abuse
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Eastbourne
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West