Miracle cyclist wasn’t injured
ON Thursday night I was nearing the end of a 600-mile road trip.
The weather was appalling, rain, hailstone, very poor viability, and a dark grey sky, which was not the easiest driving conditions, and I had been in those conditions from Weymouth.
Then to be confronted, with numerous cyclists, doing a timed trail run, between Pevensey, across the Marsh (A259), to Little Common Roundabout, and return down the country’s second most dangerous road, the vast majority of cyclist had no high-vis vest on, and I only saw six or seven with lights on their bikes.
Given the extreme conditions, I thought it would have been far better and safer to postpone that event, for a more favourable evening.
It was only a miracle that no cyclists were seriously injured or worse, even killed.
Organisers, engage your brains, and think of the lives of all, not only your cyclists.
Goddens Gill, Northiam.
- Workers trapped after wall collapses in Eastbourne
- Top doctors at DGH claim paediatric service is unsafe
- Fire crews in exercise at Langney Shopping Centre
- BREAKING NEWS: Former vicar Rideout found guilty of child sex abuse
- BREAKING NEWS: Rideout sentenced to 10 years in jail for ‘systematic’ child abuse
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Eastbourne
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West