A few years ago we had a ‘free’ smoke alarm fitted by the East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service. The battery’s life has now extinguished and we tried to replace it. It cannot be replaced. We visited the fire service and explained the situation to them. We were informed that ‘someone’ would contact us regarding this. This was several weeks ago but to date no contact has been made.
At the time of installation surely we should have been made aware that the battery was not replaceable. While the idea of ‘free’ smoke alarms from the fire service is a good idea and appreciated at the time, surely they should have issued ones that could have batteries replaced or made people aware of this.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1 Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk
2 Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/eastbourne.herald
3 Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.