Climate change must be taken into account
REGARDING proposals for the Kings Drive land, one of the issues I would like to raise is drought and climate change.
Climate change may be ‘man’ induced or a natural phenomenon.
My belief is that climate change must colour the logical thought of house building and the construction industry and the drawing in hundreds and thousands of people, to an area, whereby we have little water.
The aquifers are nearly empty, Arlington Reservoir is almost empty and we do not know what the future holds.
The fields of Kings Drive are a beautiful and priceless Eastbourne asset,
I see lapwings, other birds and an ancient site with wildlife. Please let us have it.
- Workers trapped after wall collapses in Eastbourne
- Top doctors at DGH claim paediatric service is unsafe
- Fire crews in exercise at Langney Shopping Centre
- BREAKING NEWS: Former vicar Rideout found guilty of child sex abuse
- BREAKING NEWS: Rideout sentenced to 10 years in jail for ‘systematic’ child abuse
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Eastbourne
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West