Clear benefit to the taxpayers
IN Wednesday’s Gazette you reported on the plans by East Sussex County Council to dim and switch off street lights in the Seaford area.
This has a very clear benefit to taxpayers if such a change can be shown not to reduce safety on the streets.
The reduction of the lighting is also beneficial to the environment for those who enjoy stargazing.
I know the concerns and wishes of residents will be taken into account before the final decision is taken and I am sure this will be taken in conjunction with Sussex Police who have a great deal of experience in policing areas without street lights as well as those such as Seaford that do have lighting.
I would encourage readers with concerns to express these at the library. However if residents are supportive, this feedback will also be very helpful as the county council attempts to make the right decision.
Hollingbury Rise, Brighton
- Workers trapped after wall collapses in Eastbourne
- Top doctors at DGH claim paediatric service is unsafe
- Fire crews in exercise at Langney Shopping Centre
- BREAKING NEWS: Former vicar Rideout found guilty of child sex abuse
- BREAKING NEWS: Rideout sentenced to 10 years in jail for ‘systematic’ child abuse
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Eastbourne
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West