Kitchen fire in Eastbourne town centre

Fire & Rescue East Sussex SUS-150522-132402001
Fire & Rescue East Sussex SUS-150522-132402001
0
Have your say

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire caused by overheated food last night (Monday).

Three fire engines from Eastbourne and Hastings were sent to South Street at 9.09pm.

A spokesperson at East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said, “Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet and carbon dioxide at the incident. One person suffering from smoke inhalation was led to safety and treated at the scene.”