Organisations and charities are being urged to take part in this year’s summer carnival.
The event takes place on Saturday May 25 with a procession along the seafront.
The theme is Sussex by the Sea and planning gets underway this week.
Entries are now being taken from organisations, businesses and charities as well as individuals who want to take part in the second carnival which returned last year after a break of more than 15 years.
Carnival organiser Dave Cooper said this week, “Following on from last year’s huge success where we had more than 1,500 people in the parade and around 25,000 people in the crowd we are pleased to announce that we are back on for 2013.
“I hope people will put it in their diaries, tell their friends and even better, enter the carnival itself.”
Thousands of pounds were raised for local organisations from money donated through bucket collections along the route and half of the money raised was ploughed back into organising this year’s event.
The carnival parade will work its way along the seafront and organisers are finalising the route within the next month. Last year it started at Fisherman’s Green and finished at the Western Lawns.
Mr Cooper said, “We are planning to make this year’s carnival even bigger and better.
“A number of organisations have already signed up demonstrating the continued support for the event and we were very pleased with the messages of support we received after last year’s carnival.”
Mr Cooper will once again be pageant master of the seafront spectacular.
He said, “We want the event to be a great success and as far as we are concerned the more the merrier. Last year’s carnival was a great success, with more than 1,500 walkers taking part and 25,000 fans and supporters. This year’s will be bigger and better.”