Hailsham nail bar blaze leaves family in hospital

Hollywood Nails, the morning after hte blaze
Hollywood Nails, the morning after hte blaze

Police remain at the scene where a fire broke out in a nail bar, and left a baby and two adults injured.

The fire started at Hollywood Nails on the High Street, Hailsham, at 5pm yesterday (March 5).

Eyewitnesses say the woman called for help and passed her baby to passers-by as the flames took hold.

It is understood the family, who are Vietnamese, own the nail bar and were in the flat above the salon at the time of the fire.

The nail bar has been open for around three years. The six-month old baby is believed to be called George, and the parents, Sam and Naomi.

The family were taken to hospital last night and emergency services remain at the scene this morning.

The scene of the fire. Picture by Eddie Mitchell SUS-150503-090903001

The scene of the fire. Picture by Eddie Mitchell SUS-150503-090903001

Sussex Police is set to release a statement this morning.