Firefighters were called out to a fire in Seaford this afternoon (October 12).
Crews responded when the alarm was raised in Alfriston Park at around 4pm.
On arrival crews found a bonfire had been left unattended.
One hose reel jet was used to put the fire out.
A spokesman for the fire service said, “East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service would like to remind people never to leave bonfires unattended and to always ensure you have a way to putting out the fire if it spreads.”
Further safety information is available on the fire service website.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.