Firefighters called to burning TV in Eastbourne home

Fire & Rescue News.
Fire & Rescue News.

Firefighters were called out to a home in Eastbourne after a television caught fire last night (November 12).

Two crews were sent to Stanmer Drive in Hampden Park at around 7.30pm.

The electrical fire was out when the crews arrived but firefighters quickly isolated the power supply and ventilated the property.

A spokesman for the fire service said the fire highlighted the importance of electrical safety and urged homeowners to check their appliances.

The spokesman said, “Electrical appliances, plugs and cables that are old or poorly wired can be a real danger.

“Just because there’s no flame does not mean there’s no fire risk.”

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display

3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.