The family of an Eastbourne man who died of cancer caused by asbestos exposure have raised more than £1,300 in his memory.
Bob Tolley, 67, of Wartling Road, died in September last year after contracting mesothelioma, an aggressive form of cancer.
His daughter Christine Dennis said, "We raised 1,373 for Mesothelioma Research after organising a charity event in aid of it on behalf of The British Lung Foundation, The Mick Knighton Mesothelioma Research Fund and The June Hancock Mesothelioma Research Fund."
The family held a charity auction, raffle and disco at Eastbourne United Football Club on September 29.
Mrs Dennis said, "My brothers and some of my dad's friends also played a charity golf match earlier in the day at Horam Park Golf Club on the same day.
"We had support from local businesses and retailers who kindly donated prizes for the auction and money donations for the research funds.
"The event was in memory of my dad Bob Tolley who sadly passed away last year from this terrible disease.
"We as a family wanted to do something to raise funds and awareness for the treatment and research into this disease caused by asbestos.
"We are still searching for witnesses who worked with my dad on a firm called Humphreys & Glasgow Ltd.
"We have the help of a solicitor from Manchester who specialises is asbestos cases.
"But at the end of the day it is not about the money, it is about making someone take responsibility for what happened to my dad, who was only just 67 when he died and still actively working for Hotchkiss Ltd, a local firm.
"There are more and more cases of mesothelioma in Eastbourne so it is not confined to large industrial towns, and because of the latency period of the disease, between five to 60 years, it is very hard to find information about companies sufferers previously worked for."
Asbestos was used in thousands of products and buildings all over the world.
But from the 1980s it was realised that the material had a damaging effect on health.
It was not until the mid 1980s that blue and brown asbestos were banned in the UK, and not until November 1999 that white asbestos was finally banned from use.
Witnesses can e-mail Mrs Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org