The volunteer crew members of Eastbourne lifeboats were kept busy on Sunday taking part in a joint exercise with the coastguard rescue helicopter in the morning followed by a real life rescue in the afternoon
Both Eastbourne lifeboats were involved in the joint training exercise on Sunday morning when they liaised with coastguard rescue helicopter 104 in a bay off Eastbourne and practised various recovery techniques.
During the late afternoon the all-weather lifeboat was back in action when it was called to assist a 31ft yacht with two people on board which had suffered engine failure five miles offshore in choppy seas and was unable to enter Sovereign Harbour unaided.
The yacht was taken under tow to the marina locks where it was passed to the harbour work boat.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.