A trip down memory lane will be available as buses from the 1930s to 1970s are put back on the road for a special event in Eastbourne.
The popular annual Running Day will be held by Eastbourne Classic Bus on Sunday July 5.
These free services will run along traditional routes operated by the former Eastbourne Corporation and Southdown bus companies.
This year will also mark the 100th anniversary of Southdown Buses.
Around 25 vehicles are expected to attend and provide regular trips including open top services to Beachy Head, Birling Gap and East Dean, seafront rides to Princes Park and the Sovereign Centre as well as journeys through the Sussex countryside to Hailsham and Pevensey Bay and a recreation of the 1970s Town Tour.
All bus trips will start from the car park next to Eastbourne Station between 10am and 5pm. The event provides a great family day out with recent years seeing more than 2,500 people enjoying the rides.
A souvenir programme will be available for £8 on the day or £7.50 in advance and helps to cover some of the costs required to operate these privately owned vehicles.
For more information visit www.eastbourne-classicbus.co.uk or contact Steven Wood on 07730 162605.
• Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.