Child rescued from house fire in Percival Road fire

0
Have your say

A four-year-old child was rescued when a blaze broke out in a house in Percival Road in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Firefighters were called by residents who said their home was filling with smoke but the fire was in the house next door.

It started in a tumble drier and the child was rescued from a bedroom.

The same night an elderly woman had to be rescued after a fire in a bedroom at the Avalon Nursing Home in Nevill Avenue.

Fire crews were also called to the Cavalier Pub early on Thursday morning when a fire started in the cellar. Two men were treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics.