Calling all schools! We know school budgets have never been tighter – that it’s more and more difficult to buy that extra little something that will make such a difference to children.
Now we can help.
From this week, and until Friday, July 10, we will be running an exciting Cash for Schools offer – and will mean EVERY school in the area can be quids in.
And collecting the cash couldn’t be easier.
Simply cut out the masthead on the front of the Eastbourne Gazette and Herald newspapers – the masthead is the red Herald/Gazette at the top of the front page – making sure you keep the dateline intact.
Arrange with other parents at your child’s school to do the same, and keep them somewhere safe.
Towards the end of the month, we will print a form for you to complete. Then it’s simply a case of sending us the form and all the mastheads your school has collected – and we’ll pay you for every single one.
For infant, junior and primary schools catering for the younger pupils up to Year 7, we shall give your school 2p for every masthead you collect. For the senior schools, up to Year 11, we shall pay 1p for every masthead.
So start collecting. If, during the month, you organise the collection for your primary school, and collect 5,000 mastheads, that is £100 – enough for a little treat for pupils.
And the offer is open to EVERY school, however many mastheads you collect.
Herald editor-in-chief Keith Ridley said, “A scheme like this is ideal – it will bring in a little extra cash for a small treat, or buy some books or comics to encourage children to read.
“If schools and parents band together and collect, then a nice little sum could be winging its way to the school office before the end of the school year.”
THE SMALL PRINT...
• Infant, junior and primary schools catering for the younger pupils up to Year 7 will receive 2p for every masthead collected.
• Senior schools, up to Year 11, will receive 1p for every masthead that is collected.
• Every masthead needs to be cut from a copy of the paper in June – please keep the dateline intact.
• Each masthead must be original – no photocopies are allowed.
• We will print an entry form in July, which will then need to be completed and returned with your collection of mastheads the following week.