The Eastbourne Sunshine Carnival is to return next year.
Organisers announced this week that next year’s seafront procession will be on Saturday May 30.
Eastbourne MP Stephen Lloyd and pageant master David Cooper revealed the date and said they hoped to make the 2015 event the best ever.
Mr Cooper said, “I’m really pleased to announce that the carnival will be retuning, and I’ve written to all of last year’s entrants to tell them to put the date in their diary.
“This year’s carnival was a great success. We raised more money than ever before and the atmosphere was just sensational.
“I’m really delighted to be the Pageant Master for the fourth year running and know from speaking to last years entrants that they are looking forward to lining our seafront again and meeting the best carnival crowd on the south coast.”
The popular event, which this year celebrated its third year running, with estimated crowds of over 20,000 people lining the route was one of the highlights of the summer season.
Stephen Lloyd MP said, “It’s a real privilege to be patron of such a community focused event.
“I was determined in 2010 to bring back the Eastbourne Carnival and was delighted at the support that the event had on its return.
“I’m part of a superb team led by Dave Cooper and assisted by Andy Holter, Rupert Ashford, Angelo Errigo, Alan Shuttleworth and Steve Holt and we are already discussing ways of ensuring that the carnival in 2015 will be bigger and better than ever before.”
The council returned to the streets of Eastbourne in May 2011 after a break of more than 15 years.
In years gone by the carnival was always held on a Wednesday evening and hotels and bed and breakfasts entered into the spirit of things by decorating their properties and prizes were given out for the best dressed building.
The carnival was brought back after Stephen Lloyd set up an MP’s Commission which co-ordinated the procession and offered charities taking part a share of the cash from cash put into buckets by spectators lining the route.