Firefighters have spent the afternoon tackling a fire at the Happy Dragon Restaurant in Pevensey Bay.
Emergency services were called to the popular eatery at 1pm after flames were seen coming from a kitchen.
Initial reports indicate an extractor fan caught fire.
An onlooker said, “There appears to be no injuries apart from mild smoke inhalation from one lady and some members of staff. A little mention and thanks go to Brian Snow who spent the initial time at the outbreak of fire running around making sure everybody was out and safe.”