BREAKING NEWS: Baby and two adults being treated in hospital after nail bar blaze

editorial image

A baby boy, a woman and a man are being treated in hospital tonight (Wednesday, March 4) after a fire at a nail bar in Hailsham.

Emergency services were called to Hollywood Nails in the high street to reports of a fire just after 5pm.

Police are still at the scene and the main Hailsham shopping street remains closed as the cause of the blaze is investigated.

Eyewitnesses say the woman called for help and passed her baby to passers-by as the flames took hold.

It is understood the family, who are of Chinese descent, own the nail bar and were in the flat above the salon at the time of the fire.