PACKED with flavour, this is the perfect dish to use up all your left overs – including pasta.
Yes, that’s right – never throw any pasta away. Like Chinese, it’s always tastier the next day.
So, if you cook too much, just keep it in an airtight container for the next day, and whip up this delicious Italian omelette.
You can have it simple, with just cheese and eggs, or mix it ham, peppers or left-over vegetables. The more the merrier!
What you’ll need (for four): 250 grams leftover pasta (you can use any style, but chop spaghetti into bite-size pieces), leftover veg of your choice (broccoli tastes delicious), ham/chorizo/salami, grated mozarella or chedder cheese, six eggs, knob of butter, salt and pepper.
Preparation time is just 15 minutes, and it’s an easy recipe.
How to make:
1. Melt a knob of butter into a frying pan (with an oven proof handle) and once it’s hot, add the left-over pasta. Cook through until hot.
2. Add the left-over veg, any meat, and stir through
3. Light oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4 or 5
4. In a separate bowl ,lightly whisk the eggs and add pinch of salt and pepper and mix in the grated cheese
5 .Pour mixture over the top of the ingredients until they’re covered.
6. On a low to medium heat cook the mixture through until it’s set through.
7. Once it’s cooked through, except the top (this usually takes about five minutes and you can check by pricking with a fork), transfer into oven and wait for the top to cook.
8. You can add extra cheese to the top to make it bubble and golden.
9. Turn upside down onto a plate and cut into slices. Serve with a crunchy green salad. Delicious hot or cold.